Slider windows are an economical, yet classic windows crafted with low maintenance materials and tight seals to keep out the cold and heat – perfect for variable climate experienced in Calgary.
Slider windows come in two different orientations;
- Horizontal sliders that slide left and right. Frequently called double slider windows, they come in 2- and 3-lite combinations to suit your space, and
- Single hung sliders that lift up and down.
Double Slider windows for Basements
Double slider windows have 2 lites, both of which slide left and right. These windows are perfect for basements as both sashes can be open at the same time to let in more air flow. Double slider window sashes can also both be removed to provide greater access to the downstairs.
Gienow replacement sliding windows all have the following features to keep you comfortable:
Stylish and Secure
- To increase the curb appeal of your home, choose from multiple grille types in an array of colours and patterns. A wide variety of interior and exterior accessories available.
- Make your windows more prominent with optional 2-inch exterior brickmould.
- Our sliding windows come with anti-lift sash to provide additional security.
- Robust, centre-mounted knife latch lock is easily operated and provides excellent security. Dual locks featured on units of greater height or width.
- Single Hung sliders incorporate spring balances for easy and quiet operation, and to hold the sash open at any height.
- Horizontal sliders run on non-marking rollers for a clean appearance and consistently smooth operation.
- Steel reinforcement added to top pull rail in single hung sliders.
- Vinyl extrusions are formulated to withstand the harshest climates year after year and their multi-chambered design optimizes both strength and thermal efficiency.
Energy Efficient Design
- Many glazing options available with a variety of glass options to maximize energy efficiency.
- Single and double sliding windows provide efficiency for any climate.
- Tri-Fin weatherstripping on operating sash provides superior seal without compromising smooth operation.